Wednesday 27 January 2016

365 days later



Today marks one year of separation. 

1 year ago today…
…I cried 15 times.

…I could not sleep all night.


…It physically hurt to eat.

…My biggest fear of being rejected by my husband was realized.

…I felt trapped and out of control.

…My cell phone bill tripled.


Today….

…I focused all day on the "hard stuff" at my job. 

…I did not cry.

…I am 3 dress sizes smaller.

…I listened and helped a friend through his own grief. (I can start to give back to everyone who put their lives on hold in the last year to be there for me)

…I am better at French.

…I’ve made new best friends, including a “stand-in husband.”  (She’s awesome)

…I realized I like my bed all to myself.

…I don’t answer to anyone; I do what I want.

…My son gave a thumbs up to describe me. (I used to get sideways thumb)

…I’m really looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment